Saturday, May 30, 2009

Starbuxing

For any random big scary looking men on the street, yes I do have a boyfriend, and yes, I am faithful to Him. For any one else out there that does not look like they might hurt me, I am single. Until I get a real boyfriend, I am claiming an alias. I haven't really had to guess alot of what men are thinking up here, they kinda say it one way or another. Perverts. Never thought I'd miss that aspect of Bob Jones. Haha. We carry mace.

There were movie trailers lining the street just outside of work Thursday. Come to find out, Nicholas Cage was here taping for his new movie Sorcerers Apprentice! Mary closed that night so I had nothing better to do than roam around the 5th avenue area seeing if i could actually see them filming --I found them on 5th and 50th. I waved and smiled to Nicholas Cage and he looked right at me and waved and smiled back. Pretty cool. I hear the Prince of England is in the City too. He was in Times Square and went to Ground Zero last night. Today I guess he's going to play a polo match or something. Maybe we'll see him!

We went to Times Square last night and met up with Stephanie from society. It was her brother's friend's birthday and they went to eat in times square and a comedy club to celebrate. I had forgotten just how expensive an Applebee's could be in Times Square...it was cool to meet people here around our age though.

Hillsong tomorrow! Yeah buddy. And then church! I actually get to watch it this week. Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Yesterday was very chill. We cooked a full meal for the first time. We had fried chicken, fried potatoes, salad, [real] sweet tea and a klondike bar. Sounds good, right? It would have been if we had of used a cookbook I think. :) The salad was good. We're gonna get this whole cooking thing down to a science.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of you going to see Hillsong.. a friend just introduced me to them a few days ago and I love it. I'd love to see them live :)

    The cooking stuff cracked me up. xD that seriously sounds like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, Thanks for sending me this link, it's cool to get updates on what you guys are doing up there, sounds like you are learning a lot! Could you please send me an address, I know you aren't really in a permanent place right now, but just send me an address of wherever you will be within the next week I guess. Thanks I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete